The Displacement

I went today to Starbucks. It was hot and I wanted something cold and sweet that could substitute lunch.
The Starbucks at Trocadero centre, just after chinatown.
A lady
(old new who cares maybe a woman or something else female gendered)
was sitting alone in a round table and had in front of her three venti coffee cups to go I was unable to tell if full, if empty
(did it mattered)
. She was Asian
(cambodia timor indonesia laos)
and one of her eyes was covered with white gauze then protected by a transport plastic bag wrapped around her forehead. She was wearing a bobby cap with a blue siren
(the siren was quiet let still)
on top. The t-shirt
(my someone went to london and all i got was this lousy t-shirt)
had been bought in a tourist-oriented-shop.
Reading an unknown
(for me)
character newspaper, she seemed lost. Not even happy. And this was London.
As for me, whilst waiting for whatever I had ordered
(i know but it strikes me irrelevant the description and justification of what i was drinking)
, I couldn't take my eyes off of her and was thinking that is should read Edward Said and Homi Bhabha again. More thoroughly.

No comments: